Pearl Luggers Tour
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Broome, WA
- Product code: PL
Be captivated by 150 years of history as you discover how
Broome's unique maritime and pearling ancestry unfolded amongst the mangroves
on the foreshore of Dampier Creek. See Broome's largest range of diving
artifacts, whilst travelling back in time to an era of courageous people who
lived a life of danger, fortune and adventure both on
Pearl Luggers is located right in the heart of Chinatown and
features a fully rigged and restored pearl lugger, surrounded by a replica
inter-tidal jetty and tenders store. This 1.5 hour tour will take you through
the modernizing of the industry, introduce you to the 'perfecly imperfect'
Keshi pearl and give meaning to the saying 'Broome was built on Buttons'!
You'll also get to taste the subtle flavour of pearl meat from the Pinctada Maxima oyster, a true Broome delicacy, which is revered and sought after the world over.
- View some of the last remaining pearling luggers in Broome
- Hear an hour of fascinating guided commentary
- Watch rare archival footage
- See, touch and hold some of our most valuable pearls and diving artefacts
- Enjoy an exclusive pearl meat tasting